What are we up to these days?

Sorry, no post for quite awhile. Tony and I have been very busy with establishing ourselves here in Malta. We know that we will be here for this summer season. Tony is working sporadically now with a couple of prominent charter companies here, and is also going through an Instructor's course so that he can teach sailing at a recreational level through the biggest sailing school in Malta.
I've also been putting the word around that I am available - I know that it will be harder for me to find work in that field as it is quite male dominated, but I'll keep trying, and who knows when the season picks up and the companies run out of male skippers and can't find a chimpanzee to skipper a boat - maybe they'll consider trusting a woman with 30,000 ocean miles under her keel.

What I have been doing is making things for boats. This is always a good standby for me to earn money and I do find it quite satisfying. So alongside the sail making, boat canvas sewing etc. I have also designed a pretty good porthole mosquito screen system which will fit most standard portlights. I've put together a poster which I'm inserting here which says it all.
I think it quite apt that I should try to make a living out of my arch enemy. Anyone who knows me knows that I am quite paranoid about mosquitos. They bite me mercilessly and if there is one mosquito in the boat it will fill up on my blood and make for an awful night.
I know that many other people who live on boats are always trying to find ways to keep the mosquitos out of their homes - so this is my latest attempt. So far they are working perfectly on MoondancerX and I've just sold a few to other boats, so with a bit more marketing we'll see how things go.
Well I can't insert it in with the text here, so I'll try to make it a separate post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saint Lucia - Sint Maarten - 23rd - 26th April 2015 SHAKEDOWN

March 31st - Grand Cayman - Very Welcoming

Moored in Sausalito - San Francisco Bay