What we're up to in Malta

For the past month,since Tony got his Captain's ticket and I didn't we've both been working very hard - I know, boring, but actually not so boring really. It looks like the work Tony has been doing pounding the pavements and using his 'idiot style charm' has paid off. It looks like he's got 2 different companies here to take him on as a charter skipper, which is what he wants. This will be a great start on the road as a Commercial Sailor, and perhaps lead to what we are still hoping will happen for us - to run a boat for other people - 'paid pets' is what we call it. So I'm uploading a video of Tony bringing Alouette back from Marsaxlokk where he hauled it out and worked on the hull, repainting the bottom and polishing the hull. He's very happy with the progress he is making, and I am very happy for him. The other
The other video I'm uploading is of the maiden sail of Sang Royale. She is a 60' schooner owned and built by a very nice man called Alex D'Agata. 12 years ago he bought an old steel hull, just that and has built this boat, for the past month I have been making her sails. These sails are all made from other used sails, they have all been re-cut to fit Sang Royale. It was quite hard work really. Sewing sails is hard on my hands and elbows and shoulders, but after I got over the initial 'shock' of working at 7.30am - 4.00pm every day I grew more involved in the project. Today I partook in the maiden sail of Sang Royale. It was so nice to be included with the other 'workers' who have helped to create her. So here's a little video of her first sail. The young fella on the helm called James was enjoying his first sail ever. Imagine, your first sail is on a half million Euro yacht. Mine was on a $100 aluminum dinghy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saint Lucia - Sint Maarten - 23rd - 26th April 2015 SHAKEDOWN

March 31st - Grand Cayman - Very Welcoming

Moored in Sausalito - San Francisco Bay