Back home from Turkey








Its great to be home. Got home on Sunday morning quite early. We came into Malta in a strong North Easterly which we had been racing ahead of the previous day and night, pushing Gaffer's Girl to get us home before the winds really picked up. Thank God that we were not facing those seas head on. When we were within the last half hour of the harbour entrance our skipper and first mate were at both wheels working quite hard to keep her on course.
We got in, docked (unfortunately in the wrong slip) which meant moving her in a deluge with wind which made for a sloppy mooring (my final attempt with her), but no harm done. I got what I went for which was to be out on the water again for a few days (750 odd miles from Gocek to Malta) and familiarisation and manoevering practice on a 50' Beneteau.
The gentleman from the yacht brokerage who took delivery of the yacht very kindly drove me back to Msida and into the arms of my lovely husband Tony, who said it was about time I got home. It certainly felt like it to me.
Here's a few pictures of what I saw in Gocek, which I was reminded by a seasoned Turkey traveller here 'is not turkey', funny I thought it was. Whatever it is its nice and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to charter a yacht for a sailing holiday.
Go to Webshots for more pictures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saint Lucia - Sint Maarten - 23rd - 26th April 2015 SHAKEDOWN

Moored in Sausalito - San Francisco Bay

March 31st - Grand Cayman - Very Welcoming